Having the opportunity to intern at Hurley via their Icon Internship Program is something that only 37 college students get to experience per summer. This 10 week intensive program attracts thousands of talented applicants and is unbelievably competitive. This summer program provides a unique opportunity to learn how Hurley continually pushes the boundaries of surf apparel throughout the entire company. The 37 student interns are spread out across multiple departments, while collaborating on a large group project as well. CSUSM graduate Makenzie Stade is just one of many who have gone through the program, saying "Every day I come home from Hurley and I’m stoked – it’s an amazing opportunity to be part of this team". Other participants come from MIT and other top schools. Hurley might be a surf brand, but they recruit the best talent from across the country.
The most important thing when applying to be accepted for the Hurley Icon Internship 10 week summer program is a strong resume. I'd suggest at least 1-3 previous internships and a strong academic track record. Also be sure that your Hurley Icon Internship Application shows your personality, passion and excitement about life. This video application is a great example!
Hurley Icon Internship Requirements:
- Full-time undergraduate students
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
- Positive attitude, pro-active, and a team player
- Interest in Hurley's business (no, you do not need to be a stellar surfer!)
- Internships will be located at Hurley Headquarters, Costa Mesa, California